Nov 3, 2009

Winter: you may begin


There were only two things on my "must absolutely do before winter" list, plenty of "should do's", but only the two "must do's".

One was the wood stove: done. The other was buying a tractor with snowblower. Why a tractor with a snowblower you ask? So glad you asked, let me tell you...

My driveway is too long to do by hand, and too annoying as it's pebbles. I'm not going to pay someone to do it ($70 a storm if it needs doing twice, and you're dependent on their schedule/ability to not knock crap over). Also, if you plow, you end up with mounds of snow that last weeks after the rest of the snow has gone. They have snowblowers that do the job, but they're expensive, slow, and have a pretty small cut.

Enter the lawn tractor with snowblower attachment: faster than a snowblower, sat down for snow driving fun, and a wider cut. In short, more fun, more fast, and I now have a tractor to cut the lawn and haul crap around on (I already have a trailer for it) . I bought it second hand, so I hope it doesn't crap out on me, but it looks the part. It had better have a beer holder...